Expertise is provided by the computation and predictions team to streamline existing capabilities, scalable algorithms, and deployment of software.
A major task for the visualization and analysis team is to provide support and enable the delivery of the software stack and the analysis routines developed during the research and development cycle of the CASCADE SFA (Scientific Focus Area). The team is deploying on several leadership computing facilities such as NERSC and ANL as well as provide installations that support local Unix and Mac clients.
- Python (mpi4py- MPI support, numpy – data access, rpy2 – Bridge to R, UV-CDAT – Climate science analysis tools)
- R – (llex – stats packages, extremes – stats, pbdR/pbdMPI – MPI)
- A Parallel Toolkit for Extreme Climate Analysis – TECA – (Map/Reduce C++)
- One-on-one software support for all CASCADE teams
- Support for debugging and execution of runs to meet publication deadlines